Pontiac Employers, Interested in Hosting an Intern?
iamPontiac participating companies must be:
- Pontiac-based organization
- A legal entity (C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, LLP, B-Corp, nonprofits, etc.) of any size
How iamPontiac Works:
- Once an application is received, a Business Services Representative (BSP) will contact you to complete a pre-award review.
- Once approved as an internship site, your company BSP will work with Michigan Works! to begin the onboarding process. The student intern will be hired directly by Pontiac Michigan Works! as a temporary W-2. Pontiac Michigan Works! will handle all payroll, tax, and compliance responsibilities.
- Pontiac Michigan Works! will pay the intern’s wages for an 8-week internship period.
- Although most internships run over the summer, your organization can apply to participate year-round. Also, while your organization can apply for multiple internships, the final number of positions awarded will depend on fund availability.
Complete an employer interest application to begin your partnership with Pontiac Michigan Works!
*In the "Comment/Message" question specify "iamPontiac"
Learn More About Our Partners