Millions in Training Funds Available
Obtain funding through this innovative program to train, develop and retain current and newly hired employees. Training must be short-term in nature and fill a demonstrated talent need. It also must lead to a credential for a skill that is transferable and recognized by industry.
- State of Michigan initiative with millions of training dollars available for FY2022
- Assists companies with a demonstrated talent need
- Private or non-profit businesses eligible
- Partners design real-time training models that adapt to changing employer needs
- Short-term training that leads to a credentialed, industry-recognized skill
- Employers actively participate in development of training and commit to retaining trainees
Learn how to connect with Oakland County Michigan Works! representatives and get the information you need to apply online for the Going Pro Talent Fund.
Going PRO Talent Fund Application Period is Now Underway! Ends Oct. 28
Oakland County Michigan Works! has great news for businesses across Oakland County. The State of Michigan passed its fiscal year budget last week which included $40 million for employers to train new and current employees through the Going PRO Talent Fund.
Time is of the essence!
The deadline to submit an application is Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. We can help you complete the process.
Since its launch, 348 Oakland County employers have taken advantage of the Going PRO Talent Fund to prepare their workforce for the future. Your organization can be next!
Start the process by contacting Oakland County Michigan Works! Business Services Coordinator Denise Van Hee at email@example.com and she will help connect you with an Oakland County Michigan Works! Business Services Representative.
In the meantime, we encourage you to click on the link below to watch one of the recent Going PRO Talent Fund information sessions, held earlier this summer.
Going PRO Talent Fund Information Session