Oakland County, Michigan/Water Resources Commissioner/Resources/Connection/Disconnection Applications for Water/Sewer

Connection/Disconnection Applications for Water/Sewer

Connection and disconnection permit application and fees for water and sewer systems are accepted at this office for various Oakland County cities, villages and townships. Contact your local community to determine the requirements for water or sewer construction in your area. 

 Sewer Connect or Disconnect

 Surety Bond Information

Contractors connecting or disconnecting to Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner sanitary/combined sewers and/or interceptors and any county drain work must be bonded and the following must be on file:

  • $500 cash deposit
  • Current $5,000surety bond
  • Liability insurance naming the Oakland County Water Resources office as additional insured must be on file. 

The surety bond is valid for one year and can be renewed by the bonding agent. The original continuation certificate must be submitted at the time of renewal.

Surety Bond Contact Information: