Childrens Village Volunteer Program
What is the Oakland County Childrens Village Volunteer program?,
The Oakland County Children's Village volunteer program is for adults who want to make a difference by spending time one on one, behind the scenes or in a group sponsored activity in a safe, structured environment for youth in our residential treatment program or shelter care.
What are the requirements to be a volunteer at Oakland County Children's Village?,
How does the volunteer program work? ,
- Once we receive your Volunteer Application we will mail you a confirmation of receipt letter which will include specific instructions on how to apply for the required clearance checks.
- Once you have passed the clearance checks we will schedule a date/time at your convenience to discuss volunteer experience(s).
Why do volunteers have to go though so many clearance checks?,
What types of things can a volunteer do at Oakland County Children’s Village?,
- We welcome all ideas from volunteers who are interested in making a positive impact in the lives of our youths.
- Group activities: cooking/craft projects (i.e. make cookies), group talks, sports clinics, show and tell, tutoring small groups
- Behind the Scenes: Paint murals, garden, office work, donation inventory
What is the time commitment?,
We do not ask for a specific commitment of time. We welcome volunteers who want to donate their time on a regular and reoccurring basis or who are only interested in a one time commitment such as a craft project.
Is there a volunteer training class or orientation?,
Can I spend time one on one mentoring a child?,
If you are interested in spending time one on one mentoring a young person please contact "Oakland County Youth Assistance, The Mentor's Plus Program," 248-858-0099.