Suggested documents & information to bring with you

  • Military Discharge / DD214 / Separation documents
  • Dependents’ Information: 
    • Name
    • D.O.B.
    • SSN
    • Marriage Certificate

Additional items & information to bring

If you would like to apply for Health Care Enrollment:

  • You will need to know your total household income from the last calendar year (gross income)

If you would like to apply for VA Pension (Aid and Attendance):

  • You will need to know the current value of assets (excluding primary residence)
  • You will need to know your current monthly income, household income (gross income before any deductions)
  • You will need to know your current monthly recurring medical expenses (medical expenses that are the same each month such as insurance premiums, home health aid,assisted living expenses)

If you would like to apply for Burial Benefits, please bring:

  • Death Certificate
  • Itemized Funeral Bill
  • Marriage Certificate (if the deceased was married at the time of death)

If you do not have the documents, or requested information at this time, you should still come to your appointment.Our Veterans Benefits' Counselors will review benefits with you based on the information that you do have available. If additional information is needed, we may be able to assist you with obtaining that information.

​If you have any questions prior to your appointment, please contact our office:

  • Pontiac / Holly: 248-858-0785
  • Troy / Farmington Hills: 248-655-1250


  • Pontiac: North Office Building 1200 N. Telegraph, Bldg 26E, Pontiac, MI 48341
  • Troy: South Oakland Office Building 1151 Crooks Rd, Entrance B, Troy, MI 48084
  • Holly: Holly Area Veterans Resource Center 300 East Street, Holly, MI 48442
  • Farmington Hills: C.A.R.E.S. 27835 Shiawassee St, Farmington Hills, MI 48336