Rochester Hills Patrol Services Division
Oakland County, MichiganSheriffRochester Hills Patrol Services Division

Rochester Hills Patrol Services Division

​​​​Oakland County Sheriff's Office

The Rochester Hills Patrol Division is a division by itself since it maintains such a large contracted law enforcement presence with the City of Rochester Hills, which is the fourth largest city in Oakland County with 71,000 residents.  In addition to performing the conventional duties of law enforcement, the Sheriff's Office maintains a substation in the City of Rochester Hills, which is open Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., affording residents the ability to:

  • Have fingerprints taken.
  • Place their house on the House Check list, providing extra patrol during extended periods the homeowner will be away.
  • Make reports of incidents or accidents when a police officer was not called to the scene.
  • Have officers available to talk to Community Groups, Homeowners Associations and Businesses on topics of concern.
  • Obtain copies of incident or accident reports.


Get e-mail updates and emergency notifications.



750 Barclay Circle, Rochester Hills, Michigan, 48307

750 Barclay Circle
Rochester Hills, MI, USA 48307

Crime Tips:

When requesting a police officer in an EMERGENCY:
When requesting a police officer to come to your location to make a NON-EMERGENCY Report:
For a specific request of non-emergency service, please fill out the following:
Request for Action Form Forward the completed form to the Duty Dayshift Sergeant at the above address, or fax to the above-listed fax number.
Substation Commander: Captain Michael Johnson
Administrative Lieutenant: Bart Wilson
Detective Lieutenant: Steve Jacobs
Accident Reports
Police incident and Traffic Crash reports can be picked up from the substation typically within 3-5 business days. You can get a copy of Traffic Crash reports from CLEMIS typically after 7-10 business days. Copies of reports picked up from the Rochester Hills substation are $4 for the first page and $1 for each additional page thereafter.  You can also get copies of all reports from the Sheriff's Office Records Division, located at 1201 N. Telegraph Road, Pontiac, MI  48341. 
Miscellaneous Forms:
False Alarm Ordinance Questions and Answers document - Review and complete the Alarm Registration form at
House Check Form – To request your home be checked when on vacation, etc.
Special Needs Form  – To alert dispatch and responding personnel that a person at the residence has special needs.
Business Emergency Contact & Information Form – To provide dispatch and responding personnel with a responsible party from a business that can be called or can respond to incidents at the business address.
Inventory Form - To assist in keeping track of information relating to your valuables.
Personal Protection Order (PPO) Instructions:
For information on obtaining a Personal Protection Order (PPO), review this document PPO Instructions and proceed to the Oakland County Circuit Court for proper filing of the PPO request.
Court Information:
Traffic Safety, Education and Enforcement:
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q: Can I get fingerprints taken for employment purposes?
A: Yes. There is a $5 fee and is available for Rochester Hills city residents and can be taken at the Rochester Hills Sheriff substation.
Q: Do you provide court ordered PBT (alcohol breath) tests?
A: Yes. There is a $5 fee for each test and is available for Rochester Hills city residents. You must be pre-paid to have tests conducted on weekends and holidays. Payment for PBT tests is only accepted during normal business hours 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Q: Does the Sheriff's Office provide a clearance letter for pre-employment or for coaching children's sports?
A: We provide a basic "Letter of Good Conduct" for a Rochester Hills resident which is not a criminal background check. A Good Conduct Letter is a document that reflects a check of local police records regarding negative police contacts.
Q: I need a full criminal history check for employment or international travel purposes, can I get it done at the Sheriff's Office?
A: No. This must be provided by the Michigan State Police. You can download and submit a written request HERE: or you can obtain an instant check by using their ICHAT service at:
Helpful Links: