The civil division is responsible for serving court documents related to civil matters. Civil matter court documents include, but are not limited to:
- Summons & Complaints
- Small Claims
- Notice of Hearings
- Show Cause
- Property Seizures
- Notice of Eviction (Service of Notice only) Oakland County Sheriff's Office does not handle the eviction. Handled by Dist. Court Officers only
- Personal Protection Orders
- Any and all civil/court documents
- Fees are to be pre-paid
- Checks/Money Orders are accepted (Payable to the Oakland County Sheriff)
- Cash is accepted for civil division services, if paid onsite at the civil division
- Credit cards are accepted online by accessing the following link: https://payments.g2gcloud.com/OCSheriff/1641
- Service fee $26.00 plus mileage
- As of July 1, 2022 the mileage rate will be .9375
- Use google maps to run the mileage, mileage is to be calculated from 6th Circuit Court to service address and back.
- Documents needing notarization: Fee $10.00
Order To Seize
- Request and Order to Seize Property, Order of Eviction or Writ of Restitution can be directed to this division for Execution
- Fees for these services will be $40.00 plus mileage
- Any additional fees needed will be billed seperatly by the deputy performing the service.
- All Notary fee's $10.00
Mortgage Foreclosure Sales
Time: Tuesdays @ 10:00am
Location: Oakland County Courthouse, 1st Floor
1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Pontiac, Michigan 48341
- 10:00 am First Reading
- All properties up for auction will be read
- Property address and the Opening bid amount
- Bidders intending to bid on a property, must have a cashier's check or certifed check in the opening bid amount, made payable to the person bidding.
- The winning bidder will endorse and deliver certified or cashier's check, if they you are the successful bidder Bidding: The actual sales will commence one hour after the first reading . At this time the bidder will need to present a certified check in the exact amount of the opening bid in order to be part of the actual bidding process.
The Oakland County Sheriff only acts as the auctioneer for the mortgage foreclosure sales and does not have prior information about the sales, such as what properties are going to auction and/or the price of the property.
Property Listings prior to Auction
Legal News: http://legalnews.com/
Availabe in the lobby (ground floor) of the 6th Circuit Courthouse. The public may subscribe to the paper by calling 248-577-6100.
Contact Informaion for Sheriff, Civil Unit