NOTICE: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions in place, and in an effort to limit public exposure to the contagion, the Oakland County Sheriff's Office is suspending all non-emergency public services until further notice, including fingerprinting. Court-ordered fingerprinting will still be available. In order to obtain records and make payments, please use the following resources:
- ACCIDENT REPORTS can be purchased on the CLEMIS website at https://payments.clemis.org/extservices
- TRAFFIC TICKETS can be paid for by contacting the district court in which the ticket was issued. The 52nd District Court's tickets can be paid online at this address: https://courts.oakgov.com/OakEtix/Index.aspx
- FOIA REQUESTS can be obtained through the following link: https://oaklandcountymi.mycusthelp.com/WEBAPP/_rs/(S(oe5i3gykqrvt2yp4mfzpudmd))/SupportHome.aspx
- FIREARMS PURCHASE LICENSES – Will be done by appointment only. Please call 248-858-5011 to schedule your appointment.
- PISTOL SALES RECORDS - Any Pistol Sales Records can be mailed to or dropped off at the Oakland County Sheriff's Office, 1201 N. Telegraph Road, Pontiac, Michigan 48341 Attn: Records Unit. (Located behind the Oakland County Jail, Building #10 East)
- SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION - All registrations have been suspended until further notice.
If you have any questions, please call 248-858-5011. Our fax is 248-858-1012
Sheriff’s Office Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
SOR Hotline: 517-241-1806
The Records Unit is designed to retain various pieces of data including incident reports, traffic tickets and inmate jail files. This Unit also maintains gun registration and freedom of information requests. The records are for the use of the public, law enforcement agencies and the courts.
The Records Unit is open Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Please come in no later than a half-hour before we close to allow enough time to assist you. We are closed on most legal holidays, including: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve.
- If you have a question on holiday closings, please contact us at 248-858-5011.
The Records Unit is located on the East side of the Oakland County Jail in Pontiac, MI.