Snowmobiling Safety Tips
- Always keep your machine in top mechanical condition.
- Always wear insulated boots and protective clothing including a helmet, gloves and eye protection.
- Never ride alone.
- Avoid, when possible, crossing frozen bodies of water.
- Never operate in a single file when crossing frozen bodies of water.
- Always be alert to avoid fences and low strung wires.
- Never operate on a street or highway.
- Always look for depressions in the snow.
- Keep headlights and tail lights on at all times.
- When approaching an intersection, come to a complete stop, raise off the seat and look for traffic.
- Always check the weather conditions before you depart.
Snowmobile Safety Course Schedule
Snowmobile Safety Classes are offered by the
Oakland County Sheriff's Office at no charge.
This class is mandatory for all persons under the age of 17 years and recommended for all snowmobile operators.
A snowmobile class will be held on February 15th at the Oakland County Sheriff's Office at 1200 N Telegraph, Building 38E.
The class will run from 8:30 am until 3:00 pm.
Please call 248-858-7831 to register for this class. Please leave a message and a return call will be made on Thursday or Friday.