The Oakland County Sheriff's Office is hosting a Boater's Safety Class at the Oakland County Sheriff's Office, 1200 N Telegraph, Bldg. 38E, Pontiac, Mi 48348 on the following dates:
- May 25th
- June 29th
- July 20th
- July 27th
There will also be one Boating Safety class held at the Patrol Services building, 1200 N Telegraph, Bldg. 57W, Pontiac, Mi 48348, on the following date:
Class hours for all classes are 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Each student will receive the State Boating Certificate upon passing a written test.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult
- Class size is limited
To reserve a place in a Boater Safety Class, please call 248-858-7831.
There is NO charge for the Boater Safety Classes given at the Oakland County Sheriff's Office (OCSO).
**Please note that scheduling is done on Thursdays and Fridays. If you leave a voice mail message it will be returned on one the these days in the order it was received*
- Be weather wise.
- Bring extra gear you may need.
- Tell someone where you're going, who is with you, and how long you'll be away.
- Ventilate after fueling.
- Stay dry and warm.
- Anchor from bow, not stern
- Take a safe boating course.
- Be ready for trouble when a powerboat passes you in a narrow channel.
- When changing seats, stay low and near center line of a small boat.
- Always carry distress signals on board your boat.