The Oakland County Sheriff's Marine Unit is hosting Boater's Safety Classes on the following dates:
- July 14th, 2018 from 8:30am to 3:30pm at 38East (Sheriff's Administration Building)
- July 28th, 2018 from 8:30am to 3:30pm at 57West (Sheriff's Patrol Services Building)
- August 11th, 2018 from 8:30am to 3:30pm at 38East
- August 25th, 2018 from 8:30am to 3:30pm at 38East
- Each student will receive the State Boating Safety Certificate upon passing a written test.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
To reserve a place in the Boater's Safety Class, please call 248-858-7831. Pre-registration is required.
There is NO charge for the Boater Safety Classes given at the Oakland County Sheriff's Office (OCSO).
**Please note that scheduling is done on Thursdays and Fridays, if you leave a voice mail message it will be returned on one of these days in the order it was received**
- Be weather wise.
- Bring extra gear you may need.
- Tell someone where you're going, who is with you, and how long you'll be away.
- Ventilate after fueling.
- Stay dry and warm.
- Anchor from bow, not stern
- Take a safe boating course.
- Be ready for trouble when a powerboat passes you in a narrow channel.
- When changing seats, stay low and near center line of a small boat.
- Always carry distress signals on board your boat.