The Sheriff's Office will also be teaching Boater's Safety Classes on the following dates, from 8:30am to 3:30pm:
- May 30th - Cancelled
- June 20th
- June 27th
Classes will have an hour for lunch. You can go to a local restaurant or bring your own lunch. The Class will be held at 1200 N. Telegraph, Bldg. 38 East (the Sheriff's Administration Office).
Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
To reserve a place in a Boater Safety Class, please call 248-858-7831.
NO charge for the Boater Safety Classes given at the Oakland County Sheriff's Office (OCSO).
**Please note that scheduling is done on Thursdays and Fridays. If you leave a voicemail message it will be returned on one of those days in the order it was received.**
- Be weather wise.
- Bring extra gear you may need.
- Tell someone where you're going, who is with you, and how long you'll be away.
- Ventilate after fueling.
- Stay dry and warm.
- Anchor from bow, not stern
- Take a safe boating course.
- Be ready for trouble when a powerboat passes you in a narrow channel.
- When changing seats, stay low and near center line of a small boat.
- Always carry distress signals onboard your boat.