The Oakland County Sheriff's Office is hosting a Boater's Safety Class at the Novi Boat Show on Saturday, March 14, 2020. This class will be held at the Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Ave., Novi, MI 48374. Sign-in/registration is at 10 a.m. followed by the course from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There is no charge for this class.
Space is limited for this class. Registration is required. Please go to www.NoviBoatShow.net/highlights. Once on this sight – click on Official Boaters Safety Course to register. Please bring a bag lunch, as no lunch is provided.
Each student will receive a free ticket to the Boat Show for enrolling and will receive the State Boating Certificate upon passing a written test.
Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
To reserve a place in a Boater Safety Class, please call 248-858-7831.
NO charge for the Boater Safety Classes given at the Oakland County Sheriff's Office (OCSO).
**Please note that scheduling is done on Thursdays and Fridays. If you leave a voice mail message it will be returned on one the these days in the order it was received*
- Be weather wise.
- Bring extra gear you may need.
- Tell someone where you're going, who is with you, and how long you'll be away.
- Ventilate after fueling.
- Stay dry and warm.
- Anchor from bow, not stern
- Take a safe boating course.
- Be ready for trouble when a powerboat passes you in a narrow channel.
- When changing seats, stay low and near center line of a small boat.
- Always carry distress signals on board your boat.