The G2G Marketplace was developed by Oakland County, Michigan to offer solutions and services from approved suppliers to government agencies through an online procurement system.
The goal of this initiative is to provide governments with an easy way to research, purchase and implement products, solutions, and services. The G2G Marketplace will simplify the purchasing and licensing process so government agencies can utilize products, solutions, and services quickly.
G2G Marketplace Benefits
We understand the many constraints and issues that government agencies have to deal with on a day-to-day basis because we too are government. The essence of the G2G Marketplace is about government helping government. Oakland County, Michigan created this initiative so government agencies could provide better government by working together as a collective force to provide better solutions and services to their citizens.
Through the G2G Marketplace, government agencies will benefit by:
- Eliminating budget hours to spend time investigating suppliers’ products, solutions, and services
- Reducing costs associated with drafting complex contracts and agreements with suppliers
- Simplifying and significantly shortening the time to consume solutions and services
- Combining the economies of scale from shared resources, software, and licensing, thereby reducing costs
- Working together to leverage services for mutual benefit, therefore reducing the overall cost of government operations
- Improving scalability, redundancy, and resiliency, often not available to governments due to lack of financial or technical resources