Reservations can be made 11 months in advance. Camp Wilderness is a youth group campground at Independence Oaks. See below for more information.
Camping FeesCabin and Yurt Info
Camp Wilderness Youth Group Campground
Designed with youth groups in mind, Camp Wilderness at Independence Oaks County Park offers two adjacent campgrounds accommodating 60 campers and 100 campers, respectively.
- Site 1 has one platform tent (four beds); Site 2 has two platform tents (eight beds)
- Each area features a pavilion with water and electricity, accommodating up to 100
- Sites include fire rings, benches, grills and picnic tables
- A shared heated, modern bathhouse offers showers and restrooms (Located on Site 2)
- Camping is open April-November. (Special arrangements for winter camping)
- Minimum of 10 youth and two adults required
- Camping areas are a two-to-five-minute walk from parking lot. Drive-up and drop-off are not available.
Call Independence Oaks for reservations: 248-625-0877.
2020 Fireworks Update
Oakland County Parks and Recreation will not be hosting fireworks this year.
The fireworks display scheduled for Groveland Oaks Campground and County Park has been cancelled due to COVID-19. There were concerns with the gathering of a large crowd to watch the display and the potential for spreading the virus. Oakland County Parks and Recreation is following executive orders from Michigan's Governor and edicts from the Oakland County Health Division. The health and safety of our guests and staff is our top concern.
Addison Oaks Campground and County Park has shifted to a fireworks-free environment for those campers who wished to enjoy camping experience during the Fourth of July holiday without fireworks.