Reservations can be made 11 months (335 days) in advance. Camp Wilderness is a youth group campground at Independence Oaks. See below for more information.
Camp Wilderness Youth Group Campground
Designed with youth groups in mind, Camp Wilderness at Independence Oaks County Park offers two adjacent campgrounds accommodating 60 campers and 100 campers, respectively.
- Site 1 has one platform tent (four beds); Site 2 has two platform tents (eight beds)
- Each area features a pavilion with water and electricity, accommodating up to 100
- Sites include fire rings, benches, grills and picnic tables
- A shared heated, modern bathhouse offers showers and restrooms (Located on Site 2)
- Camping is open April-November. (Special arrangements for winter camping)
- Minimum of 10 youth and two adults required
- Camping areas are a two-to-five-minute walk from parking lot. Drive-up and drop-off are not available.
Call Independence Oaks for reservations: 248-625-0877.