Oakland County Parks and Recreation follows Centers for Disease Control and Oakland County Health Division protocols to help mitigate the spread of covid-19. These measures are being taken for the safety of staff and guests.
Parks and Facilities Currently Open
Staffed park office locations for reservations and questions include:
- OCPR Administration Office – 2800 Watkins Lake Road, Waterford 48328; Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 248-858-0906
- Recreation Programs and Services Office - 2800 Watkins Lake Road, Waterford 48328; Monday-Friday. 8 a.m.-4 p.m. 248-858-0916.
- Independence Oaks County Park Office - Monday-Friday; 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Glen Oaks, Lyon Oaks, Red Oaks, Springfield Oaks and White Lake Oaks golf courses are now open.
- Holly Oaks ORV Park is now open.
- Addison Oaks and Groveland Oaks Campgrounds are set to open April 30.
OCPR 2021 Annual Vehicle Permits and gift cards can be purchased at the following locations:
- Addison Oaks County Park contact station, 1480 West Romeo Road, Leonard, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday.-Thursday and 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Friday-Sunday (may vary based on staff availability)
- Independence Oaks County Park, 9501 Sashabaw Road, Clarkston, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday at the park office and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at the contact station.
- Lyon Oaks County Park, 52221 Pontiac Trail, Wixom, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday at the Pro Shop and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at the contact
- Orion Oaks County Park, 1335 Joslyn Road, Orion Township, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Dog Park is open 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
As of Jan. 18. 2021, the park hours will extend to 6 p.m.
- Red Oaks Nature Center, 30300 Hales St., Madison Heights, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday
- Recreation Program and Services office in Waterford Oaks County Park, 2800 Watkins Lake Road in Waterford, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Now taking reservation for:
- Select Mobile Recreation Units rentals available.
- Ongoing self-led program opportunities include: community scavenger hunts
- In-person program opportunities include: public nature programs, appointment-based nature programs (field trips, scout badges)
- Virtual program opportunities include: Historical Series and Nature Education Series.
- Virtual Nature Programs with take-and-make crafts
These parks have normal operations and will remain open as long as staffing and safety allow:
- More than 80 miles of trails; daily fee or 2021 OCPR annual permit.
- Playgrounds at all parks
- Modern restrooms open at Addison Oaks Adams Lake Lodge; Catalpa Oaks, Lyon Oaks and Independence Oaks. Please bring your own drinking water; water
fountains are closed to prevent the spread of COVID
- The modern restrooms at the Addison Oaks Adams Lake Lodge will be open Friday-Sunday, 8:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m., staff permitting through April 29.
Open during regular park hours starting April 30.
- Portable restrooms available:
- 2 - Boathouse
- 2 - Day Use parking lot near playground (Available through April 29).
- 1 - Side lot by rental house
- 1 - Addison Oaks-East north of parking lot
- Red Oaks Nature Center is open for restrooms and purchase of OCPR annual vehicle permits only. Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday noon-5 p.m.
- Oakland County Farmers Market in Waterford is open on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; please wear a face mask.
Beginning May 1, the market will be open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Disc Golf Course at Addison Oaks County Park
- Paradise Peninsula Playscape is open at Waterford Oaks County Park.
- Three dog parks: Lyon Oaks, Orion Oaks and Red Oaks.
The limit of individuals permitted for indoor and outdoor programs, events and gatherings is dependent upon Michigan Health and Human Services orders issued
to protect public health.
- Dog Dock at Orion Oaks Dog Park; opens May 1.
- Waterford Oaks - BMX Track; opens in May
- Nature Center exhibits
- Wint Nature Center