Camp Wilderness, a 10-acre primitive campground nestled within 1,286-acre Independence Oaks County Park, is open through Oct. 16 for the 2022 season.
Camping area features
- Two group areas - 60 campers and 100 campers
- Fire rings, benches, grills and picnic tables
- One platform tent in each camping area
- Heated, modern bathhouse offers showers and restrooms
- Minimum 10:2 youth/adult ratio is required
- Call 248-625-0877 for reservations.
From the campground, youth can access
- Nearly 10 miles of hiking trails
- 2.2-mile River Loop Trail which includes a boardwalk over wetlands
- Fishing and boating on 68-acre Crooked Lake
From the campground, youth can also access Wint Nature Center
- Wint Nature Center exhibits, programs and wildlife feeding area
- Appointments may be made for a naturalist to come to your campsite to lead a hike or give a nature presentation
- Naturalist-guided, educational field trips may also be scheduled to take place at Wint Nature Center
- For more information on naturalist appointments, field trips and fees, click here
- Call 248-625-6473 to make an appointment
Price includes vehicle entry, one group area, heated modern bathhouse with showers and restrooms, water, electricity, pavilion, charcoal grills, fire rings, flag poles, picnic tables and trash containers. Firewood is available for $7/bundle or four bundles for $25.
Oakland County Resident Rate $25/night
Regular Rate $30/night