Camp Wilderness, a 10-acre primitive campground nestled within 1,088-acre Independence Oaks County Park, is available year-round for organized youth groups including scouts and churches.
Camping area features
- Two group areas - 60 campers and 100 campers
- One area has two platform tents and the other has four platform tents (accessible amenities are available)
- Each platform tent accommodates four people. Each area features a pavilion with water and electricity, accommodating up to 100
- Fire rings, benches, grills and picnic tables
- Heated, modern bathhouse offers showers and restrooms
- Minimum10/2 youth/adult ratio is required
Call 248-625-0877 for reservations.
From the campground, youth can access
- Nearly 10 miles of hiking trails
- 2.2-mile River Loop Trail which includes a boardwalk over wetlands
- Fishing and boating on 68-acre Crooked Lake
From the campground, youth can also access Wint Nature Center!
- Wint Nature Center exhibits, programs and wildlife feeding area
- Appointments may be made for a naturalist to come to your campsite to lead a hike or give a nature presentation
- Naturalist-guided, educational field trips may also be scheduled to take place at Wint Nature Center
- For more information on naturalist appointments, field trips and fees, please click here
- Call 248-625-6473 to make an appointment
Price includes vehicle entry, one group area, heated modern bathhouse with showers and restrooms, water, electricity, pavilion, charcoal grills, fire rings, flag poles, picnic tables and trash containers.
Oakland County Resident Rate