Take a virtual tour of the Addison Oaks trails:
Campgrounds Opening Delayed for 2020 Season
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, regular operations of Addison Oaks and Groveland Oaks Campgrounds require adjustments to ensure guest and staff safety. We have been working closely with the Oakland County Health Division to make these decisions.
The campgrounds tentatively plan to open June 25. Reservations for dates beginning July 1 and after can be made starting May 18 for individual sites, cabins and yurts. Contact Addison Oaks Campground at 248-693-2432.
Group camping reservations will be taken for July 1 and after. All group reservations are subject to cancellation if they exceed any size restrictions set by Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
Changes at the campgrounds for this season are as follows:
- The Campground Recreation Program is being modified for the 2020 camping season. Although the traditional themed weekends will not be hosted, parks staff is planning activities for campers that meet social distancing guidelines. These alternative opportunities may be offered only on the weekends.
- Programming such as bands, DJ dances, entertainers, face painters, inflatables, arts and crafts and the other activities have been cancelled due to the shared use of materials and proximity to other campers which makes social distancing impossible.
- Parks staff will be re-evaluating the fall Halloween camping events by late August.
- Due to the tendency for individuals to gather in proximity, the recommendation from the Oakland County Health Division is to keep all playgrounds closed at the campgrounds plus day-use parks.
- For your stay, you may bring sanitizing wipes from home to clean your picnic table, water spigot and electrical box. Outdoor amenities will not be sanitized by parks staff. For the safety of campers, parks staff and the environment, please avoid the use of bleach, disinfectants and other hazardous chemicals on the ground.
- Honey Wagon services are being explored to be offered by an outside contractor due to the health and safety of our staff. To ensure quality service there will be a requirement of a representative be onsite for service being rendered. Details will be forthcoming.
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unusual situation and the Oakland County Parks and Recreation staff is making every decision with much strategic planning and collaboration with the health division and other county departments.
We want to provide you with a good camping experience in 2020 but want to maintain safe and healthy conditions for both our staff and visitors.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.