Did you know the parks system is funded by a millage that has never increased since 1966?
On Nov. 3, 2020, residents will be asked to vote on a millage replacement and increase to .35 mills to improve, operate and maintain parks, open spaces, trails and recreation activities in Oakland County.
Request a presentation
We are available to send a representative to virtual group meetings of 10 individuals or more in Oakland County whether a government/board meeting, community group, club or other organization seeking information on Oakland County Parks and Recreation or the upcoming November 3 ballot question. If you have questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com or call us at 248-858-0906.
Share social media posts
Facebook (Oakland County Parks and Recreation)
Scroll down to the bottom of the post you wish to share
Click "Share" button on the far left
Add a comment if you wish
Scroll down to the bottom of the tweet you wish to retweet
Select the "Retweet" button (looks like two arrows forming a square)
Either click "Retweet" or "Retweet with comment" to add a comment
Find the post you wish to share
Underneath the image, tap the "Share" icon (looks like a paper airplane)
Select your friends and followers to share the image in a direct message
Find the video you wish to share
Underneath the video, tap the "Share" button
Select the social media platform you'd like to share the video to
Add a comment if you wish
1) Go to www.facebook.com/profilepicframes.
2) Type "Oakland County Parks" into the search bar
3) Click the frame you would like to use
4) Reposition or scale your picture as needed
5) In the bottom right, select the appropriate expiration time to switch back to previous profile picture
6) Click Use as Profile Picture to save
1) From your profile, hover over your profile picture and click "update"
2) Click "add frame"
3) Follow steps 2-6 above
Download PDF here.
Standard email message
Did you know Oakland County Parks and Recreation is funded by a millage? The parks system has welcomed visitors since 1966 and never increased its millage rate.
The current .2310 millage rate is set to expire Dec. 31, 2021. On Nov. 3, 2020, residents will be asked to vote on a millage replacement and increase to .35 mills to improve, operate, and maintain parks, open space and water areas, trails and recreation activities. The .35 rate will cost the owner of a home or business valued at $200,000 (taxable value of $100,000) approximately $35/year.
If approved, this new millage funding will:
▪ Allow OCPR to offer free annual vehicle permits to Oakland County residents who are seniors (62+), active military, veterans, and residents with permanent disabilities
▪ Refresh parks system assets to meet current and future needs
▪ Expand trails throughout Oakland County
▪ Enhance outreach and support of local recreation programs
▪ Increase environmental conservation efforts across the 910 square miles of Oakland County to protect important natural habitats
Learn more on our website, OaklandCountyParks.com or by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Vote Nov. 3, 2020
Oakland County Parks and Recreation Millage Replacement
Details at www.OaklandCountyParks.com
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.