The Unlocking Doors Oakland County Program offers participating landlords' reimbursement for minor unit repairs when they rent their home or apartment to a homeless individual with a housing voucher. The program helps preserve the investment of a participating landlord while ensuring safe, affordable housing for someone in need. A landlord may only submit one claim per tenant, and the reimbursement amount is capped at a maximum of $3,000. All claims will be verified prior to approval and are based on actual expenses incurred. Approved claims will be paid within 30 days of submission.
Read full program description
To be eligible for the Unlocking Doors Oakland County Program the Landlord must:
- Agree there will be attempt to resolve tenant issues with the Case Manager prior to making a claim or initiating the eviction process. (The program should only be used as a last resort when no alternative method can be identified to address the issues with the tenant.)
- All homeless persons who receive a Housing Choice Voucher with a homeless preference (HCV/HPV) or Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) through our special programs starting March 1, 2022, will be covered under the fund.
- Enter a Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract with the Alliance and be in good standing with that contract.
The Unlocking Doors Oakland County Program can cover damages pursuant o the following conditions:
- When tenant caused damages exceed the security deposit or tenant cause damages are identified in an HQS inspection and will lead to eviction.
- Property damage was cased because of a tenant's occupancy while under a rental agreement at the time the damage was incurred;
- Damage to property exceeds normal wear and tear.
- The tenant's occupancy in the unit has not exceeded eighteen months.
To participate in this program or if you have any questions please contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org