This page is still under construction.
Michigan Legal Help
- The Michigan Legal Help website was created to help people who have to handle simple legal problems without a lawyer. There are articles you can read to learn about a specific area of the law and toolkits to help you prepare to represent yourself in court. The site covers the areas of Family, Protection from Abuse, Housing, Consumer, Expungement as well as containing information about Finding A Lawyer, Community Services and the Courts.
- Michigan Courts Self-Help Center
- The Michigan Courts Self-Help Center site has been designed to help people to find legal assistance, learn about Michigan law, and to represent themselves in some legal matters.
- Michigan Poverty Law Program
- The Michigan Poverty Law Program links to information and court forms to help low income consumers help themselves with legal problems. A directory links to legal aid clinics, shelters and other resources for assistance.
- Michigan Online Self Help Center
- The State Bar Committee on Libraries and Publications provides links to self help resources from the Michigan State Bar Association website. Help topics include Consumer Protection Law, Criminal Law, Debt Relief, Elder Law, Family Law, Immigration Law, Landlord/Tenant Law and Wills and Trusts.
- Michigan Legislative Publications
- The Michigan Legislature provides links to many helpful publications including titles such as A Citizen's Guide to State Government, Services for Seniors, Tenants and Landlords and The Michigan Constitution. Links to other free publications are provided by the House Republicans at http://www.gophouse.com/free_publications.asp and by the House Democrats at http://www.housedems.com/?q=publications.
1200 N Telegraph, Bldg 14 East, Pontiac, MI 48341 - Phone: 248-858-0012