To provide legal research assistance to the public, to the bench, to county departments and to the bar.
In support of this mission:
The Adams-Pratt Oakland County Law Library
- Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive Michigan primary and secondary law collection and selected federal materials which aligns with the di minimus structure.
- Directs the public to resources pertinent to their questions about the law and instructs them on their use.
- Serves as a Michigan Legal Help Self-Help Center and hosts legal aid clinics to assist public access to justice through local and state court systems.
- Provides free computer access for legal research.
- Assists the public with court proceedings by providing court rules, procedural information, and forms.
Adopted by the Oakland County Library Board, August 24, 2006; Revised July 27, 2011; October 23, 2012; January 27, 2015.