Farmington Hills, Michigan
The historic Gray-Spicer House is now a public museum for books, artifacts and other items chronicling the history of both
. The Gray-Spicer House, Barn and Stable are located in
Farmington Hills Heritage Park
The main house was designed in 1925 for David and Martha Gray, but they never lived there. After her husband's death,
Martha Gray gave it to Eleanor Goodenough when she married John Spicer in 1935.
As well as providing a home for the Spicer family, the main house became a working farmhouse. For 47 years, the Spicers
raised sheep while a suburban community developed around them.
purchased the farmhouse and property from her estate in 1985.