WIC is open and ready to serve you!
Oakland County Health Division WIC now offers appointments and services in -person and remotely.
For in – person appointments, bring your ID, Medicaid card and/or proof of income, proof of pregnancy or your baby's birth certificate (as applies to you). Everyone over age 2 must wear a mask. If you are feeling sick, we kindly ask you to call the WIC office at 248-858-1272 to let staff know. You will not lose your benefits.
Days for in-person appointments:
Pontiac : Monday and Wednesdays
Southfield : Tuesdays and Thursdays
Walled Lake: Tuesdays and Fridays
Exciting news! WIC now allows you to purchase certain formulas without requiring a food package change. If your WIC benefit balance shows the following formulas below, you can use your WIC EBT card to purchase any formula listed here as an alternative choice.
- Similac Advance
- Similac Total Comfort
- Similac Sensitive
- Similac Soy Isomil
Information or questions:
Call WIC at 248-858-1272
- Supplemental healthy foods
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Referrals to health care, public health nurses, registered dietitians, and many other helpful services
- Pregnant women
- Children under age 5
- Women who recently had a baby (up to 6 months after delivery, including miscarriages)
- Breastfeeding women (up to 1 year after delivery)
Do I Qualify?
- Low to middle income or receive Medicaid and/or food stamps
- Oakland County residents
- Working individuals can apply
- Call 248-858-1272 or toll-free at 888-350-0900 ext. 81272 to determine eligibility and make an appointment.
- Please plan approximately 2 hours for your visit. Bring a favorite toy or books to help make the appointment easier for both you and your child.
A mobile application for potential and current WIC Clients. Michigan WIC Connect is available for free in the App Store™ and Google Play™. The app offers existing WIC clients exciting new features, including:
- Accessing your WIC shopping list
- Tracking your WIC benefits on your smart phone
- Finding WIC foods using the UPC scan feature
- Getting map and directions to WIC-approved stores and WIC clinics using your location
- Updating your contact information with WIC
- Getting appointment reminders with your phone