WIC is open and ready to serve you!
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Oakland County Health Division WIC offices offer appointments and services over the phone and online until further notice. For information, call 248-858-1272.
Walled Lake clinic beginning in-person appointments
Exciting News! WIC is seeing new babies and pregnant individuals by appointments only every Tuesday beginning Tuesday, August 16, 2022. Bring your ID, Medicaid Card and/or proof of income, and your baby’s birth certificate to your appointment. Everyone over age 2 must wear a mask. Call 248-858-1272 with questions.
Southfield clinic beginning in-person appointments
Exciting News! WIC is seeing new babies and pregnant individuals by appointments only every Thursday beginning Thursday, September 8, 2022. Bring your ID, Medicaid Card and/or proof of income, and your baby’s birth certificate to your appointment. Everyone over age 2 must wear a mask. Call 248-858-1272 with questions.
Formula Recall Information
On February 17, 2022, Abbott Laboratories recalled powder formulas manufactured in Sturgis, Michigan. WIC clients should not use the following powder formulas:
View updated recall information and learn how to return recalled formula
- Similac Total Comfort
- Similac for Spit-Up Alimentum
- Elecare & Elecare Jr.
- Similac PM 60/40
Call WIC at 248-858-1272 if you have questions about the recall and returning recalled formula or need breastfeeding support.
- Supplemental healthy foods
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Referrals to health care, public health nurses, registered dietitians, and many other helpful services
- Pregnant women
- Children under age 5
- Women who recently had a baby (up to 6 months after delivery, including miscarriages)
- Breastfeeding women (up to 1 year after delivery)
Do I Qualify?
- Low to middle income or receive Medicaid and/or food stamps
- Oakland County residents
- Working individuals can apply
- Call 248-858-1272 or toll-free at 888-350-0900 ext. 81272 to determine eligibility and make an appointment.
- Please plan approximately 2 hours for your visit. Bring a favorite toy or books to help make the appointment easier for both you and your child.
A mobile application for potential and current WIC Clients. Michigan WIC Connect is available for free in the App Store™ and Google Play™. The app offers existing WIC clients exciting new features, including:
- Accessing your WIC shopping list
- Tracking your WIC benefits on your smart phone
- Finding WIC foods using the UPC scan feature
- Getting map and directions to WIC-approved stores and WIC clinics using your location
- Updating your contact information with WIC
- Getting appointment reminders with your phone