WIC is open and ready to serve you!
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Oakland County Health Division WIC offices offer appointments and services over the phone and online until further notice. For information, call 248-858-1272.
Formula Recall Information
On February 17, 2022, Abbott Laboratories recalled powder formulas manufactured in Sturgis, Michigan. WIC clients should not use the following powder formulas:
View updated recall information and learn how to return recalled formula
- Similac Total Comfort
- Similac for Spit-Up Alimentum
- Elecare & Elecare Jr.
- Similac PM 60/40
If you have used a recalled formula and your child shows signs of illness, such as fever, along with poor feeding, crying, or very low energy, call your child's health care provider and seek medical care right away.
Call WIC at 248-858-1272 if you have questions about the recall and returning recalled formula or need breastfeeding support.
- Supplemental healthy foods
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Referrals to health care, public health nurses, registered dietitians, and many other helpful services
- Pregnant women
- Children under age 5
- Women who recently had a baby (up to 6 months after delivery, including miscarriages)
- Breastfeeding women (up to 1 year after delivery)
Do I Qualify?
- Low to middle income or receive Medicaid and/or food stamps
- Oakland County residents
- Working individuals can apply
- Call 248-858-1272 or toll-free at 888-350-0900 ext. 81272 to determine eligibility and make an appointment.
- Please plan approximately 2 hours for your visit. Bring a favorite toy or books to help make the appointment easier for both you and your child.
A mobile application for potential and current WIC Clients. Michigan WIC Connect is available for free in the App Store™ and Google Play™. The app offers existing WIC clients exciting new features, including:
- Accessing your WIC shopping list
- Tracking your WIC benefits on your smart phone
- Finding WIC foods using the UPC scan feature
- Getting map and directions to WIC-approved stores and WIC clinics using your location
- Updating your contact information with WIC
- Getting appointment reminders with your phone