The Food Safety Program provides a number of services to ensure the proper handling and distribution of food served to the general public. This includes:
- Conducting inspections of restaurants, festival food booths, and mobile food vehicles
- Conducting investigations of food-borne illness complaints and outbreaks
- Providing Food Safety Education
Food Service License renewal late fees will be waived through August 19, 2020.
Current executive orders (current Executive Order 2020-109) extend food service licenses 60 days after the declared state of emergency ends. Pending any further extensions, the current declared state of emergency is set to expire on June 19, 2020 (current EO 2020-99).
Current 2020 licenses are set to expire August 19, 2020. Food Service License renewal late fees will be waived through August 19, 2020. Late fees will be assessed on or after August 20, 2020.
In addition, Special Transitory Food Units that were unable to receive two paid inspections due to event cancellations may renew without documentation of the two paid inspections.
2020/2021 Food Service Licensing Fees
- Fixed Location: 0 - 24 Seats $298.00
- Fixed Location: 25 - 99 Seats $350.00
- Fixed Location: 100+ Seats $402.00
- Fixed Multiple $88.00
- Special Transitory Food Unit (STFU) $155.00
- Commissaries $298.00
- Mobile Food Establishment (Cold Truck) $118.00
- Mobile Food Establishment (Steam Truck) $140.00
- Mobile Food Establishment (Hot Truck) $162.00
In addition, STFUs that were unable to receive two paid inspections due to event cancellations may renew without documentation of the two paid inspections.
A licensed fixed food service facility may have multiple areas that require an inspection. Inspection fees for these designated multiple areas are due at time of licensing.
To File a Complaint
Please call or email: 248-858-1312 (Pontiac), 248-424-7190 (Southfield), email@example.com.
To File an Illness Complaint
Please call or email. Note that illness complaints require completion of an illness intake questionnaire, including a three day food history. 248-858-1286 (Communicable Disease Unit), OCHDIllnessComplaints@oakgov.com.
Food News & Views
Food News & Views section to read about topics of interest to food service managers and employees.