Important information regarding Food Service Facility operations and response to COVID-19:
The Food Safety Program provides a number of services to ensure the proper handling and distribution of food served to the general public. This includes:
- Conducting inspections of restaurants, festival food booths, and mobile food vehicles
- Conducting investigations of food-borne illness complaints and outbreaks
- Providing Food Safety Education
2021/2022 Food Service Licensing Fees
- Fixed Location: 0 - 24 Seats $298.00
- Fixed Location: 25 - 99 Seats $350.00
- Fixed Location: 100+ Seats $402.00
- Fixed Multiple $88.00
- Special Transitory Food Unit (STFU) $155.00
- Commissaries $298.00
- Mobile Food Establishment (Cold Truck) $118.00
- Mobile Food Establishment (Steam Truck) $140.00
- Mobile Food Establishment (Hot Truck) $162.00
Food service licenses expire on April 30th. All licensing renewals must be received by April 30th, 2021to avoid late fees.
A licensed fixed food service facility may have multiple areas that require an inspection. Inspection fees for these designated multiple areas are due at time of licensing.
To File a Complaint
Please call or email: 248-858-1312 (Pontiac), 248-424-7190 (Southfield), firstname.lastname@example.org
To File an Illness Complaint
Please call or email. Note that illness complaints require completion of an illness intake questionnaire, including a three day food history. 248-858-1286 (Communicable Disease Unit), OCHDIllnessComplaints@oakgov.com.
Food News & Views
Food News & Views section to read about topics of interest to food service managers and employees.