Please Note: There is a nationwide shortage of Tuberculosis Skin Tests. Oakland County Health Division is restricting eligibility for TB testing. Testing is available only to Oakland County residents who meet the "high risk" criteria established by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
- People who are contacts exposed to persons with active tuberculosis
- People born in, or who frequently travel to, countries where tuberculosis is common
- People who currently live in, or have lived in, large group settings such as homeless shelters or correctional facilities
- People with weaker immune systems, such as those with certain health conditions or taking certain medications that alter immunity
- Children in any of these risk groups, especially under the age of 5, are top priority for TB testing.
Tuberculosis (TB) screening, treatment, and counseling services are provided. Oakland County Health Division (OCHD) offers two types of TB screenings: TB Skin Tests and TB Blood Tests. A Public Health Nurse will determine which type of screening is recommended for each client.
TB Skin Test: $8.00*
A TB Skin Test requires two visits - administration of the test and a return visit 48-72 hours later to interpret the results. TB Skin Tests are done on the following days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: No Testing
TB Blood Test: $56.00*
OCHD utilizes the T-Spot TB Blood Test (also called an Interferon Gamma Release Assay, IGRA). T-Spot testing is for Oakland County Residents only. Payment is due at the time of services. OCHD will supply clients with a receipt to submit to insurance as many may cover the costs of this test. TB Blood Tests are done on the following days:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 3:00pm
*A $5 clinic visit fee is charged in addition to the service fee.
For more information, please call:
- 248-858-1302 (Pontiac)
- 248-424-7075 (Southfield)