The Nutrition Services Unit consists of registered dietitians who provide free, in-home nutritional assessment and counseling services for residents of Oakland County who are nutritionally at risk. This includes:
Nutrition services are provided to residents who cannot obtain necessary services from other health care agencies.
- Pregnant women with risk factors including:
- Severe vomiting
- Inadequate weight gain
- Multiple pregnancy
- Pregnant women with
- Infants fed by feeding tube
- Infants diagnosed with "Failure to Thrive"
- Children diagnosed with
- Children newly diagnosed with Type II Diabetes
- Children with food allergies
- Obese and overweight children