Nurturing Parenting Program (NPP) is a FREE, family-based parenting program designed to nurture, educate and support families with challenges known to impact parenting. Public Health Nurses provide 16 weekly home visits teaching parenting skills, child development, and how to establish a nurturing family life.
Who can enroll?
- Pregnant women
- Teen parents
- Families with children birth to age 18 wanting to make positive changes
- Families with adopted children
- Eligible families must reside in Oakland County
- Priority is given to pregnant women, teen parents, and families with children birth to age 10
What does NPP teach?
- How to promote self-confidence
- Positive discipline
- Managing stress
- Understanding and expressing anger
- How to build strong and positive relationships among family members
- Health education
- How to handle family conflict
- How to handle teenage truancy
- How to keep your kids drug free
- How to handle runaways and violent children