Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for first-time mothers living in specific areas in Oakland County who are less than 29 weeks pregnant. A public health nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your child is two years old.
A Public Health Nurse will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services in your community
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills
- Set goals for your family's future and find ways to help you reach them
Referrals are being accepted now.
Who can enroll?
- Women who live in specific areas of Oakland County
- Are less than 29 weeks pregnant with her first baby
- Must be eligible for WIC or Medicaid to participate in NFP. Enrollment in these program is not required.
You can join as early in your pregnancy as you like, but you must join before the 29th week of your pregnancy.
Not sure if you qualify? For more information, call 1-800-848-5533 or email NOC@oakgov.com.