Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for first-time mothers living in Pontiac, Southfield, Oak Park, Hazel Park, and Madison Heights who are less than 28 weeks pregnant. A public health nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your child is two years old.
A Public Health Nurse will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services in your community
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills
- Set goals for your family's future and find ways to help you reach them
Referrals are being accepted now.
Who can enroll?
- Women who live in the cities of Pontiac, Southfield, Oak Park, Hazel Park, and Madison Heights
- Are less than 28 weeks pregnant with her first baby
- Qualify as low-income
You can join as early in your pregnancy as you like, but you must join before the 28th week of your pregnancy.
For more information, call 248-858-1406, Option 1.