The Food Safety Program provides a number of services to ensure the proper
handling and distribution of food served to the general public. This
- Conducting inspections of restaurants, festival food booths, vending
machines and mobile food vehicles.
- Investigations of food-borne illness complaints and outbreaks
- Provide Food Safety Education
- Food Service Managers' Certification Course (fee charged)
- Food Handling Safety Class (no fee)
Food Service License Application
The following types of food service establishments may renew
their existing licenses online.
- Fixed Establishment: A fixed establishment is a facility
that is a permanent location. This is an operation where food or drink is
prepared for direct consumption through service on the premises or elsewhere,
and any other eating or drinking establishment or operation where food is
served or provided for the public. (excluding multiples, see below)
- Mobile Unit: A mobile food service establishment means a
food service establishment operating from a vehicle, trailer, or watercraft
which is not fully equipped for full food service and, therefore, must return
to a licensed commissary at least once every 24 hours for servicing and
maintenance. The commissary license number must be recorded in the appropriate
place in order for this application to be processed.
- Vending Machine Location: A vending machine location is a
room, enclosure, space, or area where one or more vending machines are
installed and operated. Where there are multiple vending machine locations in a
building, each shall be licensed separately.
- Special Transitory Food Unit: A special transitory food unit
(STFU) is a temporary food establishment licensed to operate throughout the
state without the 14-day limits or a mobile food establishment that is not
required to return to a commissary.
Previously licensed facilities will receive a pre-printed
renewal application form each spring. A new application will be accepted only
over the counter at any one of our offices for:
- New Establishments
- Change of ownership
- Change in physical location of establishment
- Change of license type
- Special Transitory Food Unit (STFU)