The Oakland County Cemetery is located on West Blvd just across the railroad tracks from the main County Service Center. The primary purpose of the cemetery was as a final resting place for the poor and indigent residents of Oakland County.
Records indicate that 1,187 people are buried in the cemetery, which is now at maximum capacity. One hundred forty-six graves indicate an 'unknown' occupant, and 270 are occupied by infants. The first burial in the cemetery was in 1878, and the last in 1972.
County cemetery plot informationCounty cemetery site map