Director of Facilities Management
Mr. Holdsworth joined the Executive Administration of Oakland County
as the Deputy Director of Management & Budget.
In his capacity as Deputy Director, he:
- managed numerous projects as assigned (including the on-time, under budget implementation of the new PeopleSoft financial/supply chain system),
- worked closely with the Board of Commissioners,
- served as interim Purchasing Manager,
- authored various articles and white papers on a variety of topics,
- oversaw the roll out of a business continuity planning initiative,
- fostered broader Intergovernmental Cooperation across the County, and
- evaluated alternative delivery models for various County services.
He is a Certified Public Finance Officer and a Certified Production and Inventory Manager.
Mr. Holdsworth’s educational background includes a BS degree in Systems Engineering from Oakland University, where he was Tau Beta Pi chapter president and worked for two small manufacturers through the Engineering Cooperative program. He later earned a MBA from Michigan State University, where he consulted for several small businesses in the mid-Michigan area.
Prior to joining Oakland County, Mr. Holdsworth was a management consultant with Plante & Moran, PLLC, for fifteen years. In his capacity as a management consultant, he managed hundreds of projects and worked closely with city, township, and county governments across Michigan. His consulting engagements focused on improving operational efficiencies, strategic planning, and implementing new technologies. Additionally, Mr. Holdsworth conducted several business improvement assessments for companies across Michigan.
Mr. Holdsworth became the Director of Facilities Management in 2009. His duties include:
- Annual preparation/updating of capital and infrastructure plans
- Reviewing, approving, earning approval for major projects
- Budget development and oversight
- Periodic inspection of all 47 County facilities
- Oversight of all property acquisition, sales, and leases
- Point of contact with all department heads, Commissioners, and County Executive's Office
- Ensuring the timely completion of capital and maintenance projects within budget and in compliance with all code and customer needs