County Executive David Coulter
Oakland County Executive David CoulterPhoto Credit: Jake Neher
's responsibilities are similar to those of a governor or mayor of a large city. The County seat of Oakland County is Pontiac. The County Executive administers the government on a day-to-day basis, proposes new programs and revamps existing programs, representing the interests of more than one million county residents.
What is the Office of the County Executive?
Specifically, the Oakland County Executive is the head of the County Executive Administration Division comprised of the County Executive and the Executive Liaisons. The powers and responsibilities of the Oakland County Executive include:
- Supervise, direct and control the functions of County departments under Executive control
- Coordinate County activities and unify management of its affairs
- Enforce all orders, rules and ordinances of the
Board of Commissioners and laws of the State required to be enforced by this office
- Prepare and submit to the Board a recommended annual
County Budget and administer expenditure of funds
- Appoint directors to head various departments within the Executive Branch
- Veto resolutions