The maximum request is $2,500. Each request for food assistance cannot exceed $150, with a maximum allocation of $500.
Applicants must be a resident of Oakland County have received honorable or general under honorable conditions discharge from the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Air Force, National Guard, Reserves or women’s auxiliaries or be a dependent of the veteran.
The applicant must also provide the following documentation:
- Michigan driver’s license or Secretary of State-issued Michigan identification.
- Legible copy of DD-214, separation report, or military service letter belonging to the applicant or the veteran to whom the application is related.
- Proof of Oakland County residence. If the applicant resides in a shelter or transitional housing, the applicant must provide a ‘Shelter Verification’ to establish residency.
- If the applicant claiming eligibility through their relationship to a veteran, the applicant must provide documentation proving a relationship exists, such as:
- Birth certificate of minor children
- Marriage license
- Adoption documentation
- Death certificate of veteran
Proof of household income/expenses, including income from all household members 18 years of age and older. Receipts or estimates must be provided if seeking funds for vehicle or home repairs, medical expenses or utility bills.
Veterans across Oakland County stood up for America. Now it’s our turn to stand up for them.