Oakland County recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused tremendous economic interruption for community-based non-profit organizations. They have been called upon to assist individuals and families in crisis while at the same time they have been unable to continue their normal revenue raising activities. The grant is designed to provide financial relief to Oakland County non-profits who have suffered revenue loss or increased expenditures attributed to COVID-19, which has resulted in a reduction in net income in 2020.
Oakland County is committed to providing support to the many Non-Profits residing in Oakland County, who serve our more vulnerable citizens. Non-profits normally rely on various fundraising activities to provide the necessary funds needed to not only provide assistance, but to cover administrative costs as well. To control the spread of COVID-19, social distancing guidelines were implemented in March 2019 which caused the cancellation of the vast majority of those events, depriving the agencies of previously budgeted funds.
The Oakland Together Non-Profit COVID-19 Economic Impact grant will provide grants that non-profits can use as a replacement for net income losses in 2020.
Open: November 9, 2020
Close: November 23, 2020 (please note no applications can be made on November 14 and 15)
Marcus Pearson -
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- The applicant must have tax-exempt status under Section 501 C 3 of the US IRS Code
- The applicant must be physically located in Oakland County and providing the majority of their services to Oakland County residents
- The applicant must demonstrate business interruption due to COVID-19, including reduced revenue of at least ten percent.
Application Eligibility Pre-Screen Questions
Are you eligible to apply? You must be able to answer YES to the following questions in order to proceed with the grant application.
- Does the applicant have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the US IRS Code?
- Is the applicant organization physically located in Oakland County, Michigan, and providing majority of services to Oakland County residents?
- Can the applicant demonstrate a Revenue loss of at least a 10% because of COVID-19?
Can organizations that applied and were granted a COVID-19 grant from the county eligible to apply?
Yes. They will need to indicate all CARES Act and other COVID related grants or loans on the application form.
Can organizations that were denied for a COVID-19 grant from the county eligible to apply?
Are there any conditions or limitations on the use of the funds?
No. These grants are as a result of revenue impact and may be used to support operations at the discretion of the organization.
What kind of documentation is required?
Documentation that verifies the budget numbers described in the grant application (i.e, board approved budget documents).
When will the decision be made on the grant?
As soon as the review is complete.
If selected, will the grant be received before December 31, 2020? If not, when?
The grants will be made in the form of checks and delivered in the first part of December.
Is there a CAP on the amount of the grant?
Not at this time, but the cap is likely to be around $50,000.