Oakland County recognizes the stress and disruption the COVID-19 pandemic has caused our small business community. The $32 million Small Business Recovery Grant is a fund designed to provide an infusion of cash to small businesses as they recover and adapt to safely operate businesses while our society continues through this crisis.
Grant applications will be available via this website during the first full week of July. Complete this form to receive an email alert when the Grant Application is available.
This grant was proposed by Executive David Coulter and approved by the Board of Commissioners by allocating funds from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES).
Grant Funds can be used to support:
- Payroll expenses
- Mortgage Payments
- Utility Expenses
- Similar expenses that occur in ordinary course of business
For-profit businesses, who have been negatively impacted due to the COVID-19 Pandemic from March 2020 – June 2020 are encouraged to apply.
Priority will be given to those businesses who have:
- Experienced a loss of revenue
- Operated at a reduced level of production, sales, employment or service; and/or
- Have closed temporarily all operations and are now in the process of reopening
Additional eligibility requirements include:
- Business must provide and/or sell goods, products and/or services at a physical location within Oakland County, Michigan.
- If the business owns the building from which it operates, the property tax payments must be up to date.
- The business must employ 100 or fewer full and/or part time employees.
- Must be a for-profit business