Among the harder hit segments of our economy during this pandemic has been childcare providers. They provide a crucial service and peace of mind for parents and guardians who depend on them to care for their children during working hours. They are vital to employers because without childcare some employees who don’t have any other options for their children would not be able to report to their jobs.
The Oakland Together Early Childhood Education Response and Recovery Fund to assists Oakland County licensed childcare facilities to help offset some of the costs you have incurred and will continue to incur, as you support young people during COVID-19.
We applaud all our childcare providers for their commitment to Oakland County families, especially as we confront the ongoing challenges of COVID-19. Childcare providers are essential to the safety, development, and stability of our community especially as parents return to work and students return to learning safely.
United Way is leading the administration of this grant and is working in close collaboration with the County to make it accessible to licensed Oakland County child care providers. This is a one-time, no-pay-back grant opportunity of between $599 and $9,000.
Who is eligible?
Oakland County License Exempt Providers may be eligible for a one-time grant of $599.
- You must have provided care anytime in the last 3 months in Oakland County and agree to use the funds as outlined in the grant agreement.
- You will be asked for your provider number.
Oakland County Licensed Providers may be eligible for a one-time grant ranging from $4000 to $9000 depending on licensed capacity and star rating. Licensed providers must:
- Be licensed to provide care in Oakland County
- Be open
- Be in good standing with Licensing (LARA)
- Have a COVID Preparedness Plan
- Be able to document license number and star rating (if applicable)
What is the application timeline?
- Application Opens September 11, 2020
- Application Due No later than October 30, 2020
- Award Announcements Ongoing rolling awards
- Spending Period March 27, 2020 – December 30, 2020
- Final Report Due January 29, 2021