The Youth Assistance Coordinating Council supports the mission of Oakland County Youth Assistance (YA), which is to strengthen youth and families while reducing in the incidence of delinquency, abuse, and neglect through community involvement. The YA Coordinating Council aids in the establishment and maintenance of Youth Assistance (YA) programs across Oakland County. Coordinating Council members are drawn from local Youth Assistance boards. The Oakland County Youth Assistance Coordinating Council, Inc., is tax exempt under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. For more information or to get involved in a YA program, please contact our office.
- To support the establishment and maintenance of YA sponsorships, their roles, and responsibilities.
- To seek financial resources to support local YA programs and support collaborative efforts between YA and other agencies.
- To foster cooperation and linkage among local YA programs through social, organization, and program opportunities.
- To provide ongoing training and in-service activities for local Youth Assistance volunteers.
- To provide consultation, technical assistance and other services that will enhance the management of the YA Program.
- To engage in research and program development.