Defaulted Tickets

‚ÄčIf your ticket is defaulted the following options are:

1. Pay Ticket in Full

  • ‚ÄčThe amount is on your default notice. Must be paid by the due date on the notice or your license could be suspended. See Methods of Payment page for more information.

2. Ask to have the default set aside

  • You must fill out theMotion to Set Aside Default Judgment and Order - CIA 04 form. You must have good cause for wanting the default to be set aside. Be sure this explanation is on the form.
  • You must post bond in the amount due on the default notice. The bond must be posted in the form of cash or cashier's/certified check. Cash must be posted in person. No personal checks, money orders, or credit cards will be accepted.
  • Bond and form must be received or postmarked by the due date on default notice.
Once we receive your request the Magistrate will review it and his/her decision will be mailed to you. If granted you will be set for an informal court date before the Magistrate. You will receive a notice within two weeks. If denied, your bond will be used to pay the fine and costs.