Felony Court Appointed Attorney
Misdemeanor Court Appointed Attorney
- You will fill out the court appointed attorney form at your arraignment. The district court sends a copy of the form to Circuit Court for them to appoint an attorney.
- The court appointed attorney is NOT required to contact you before the first court appearance.
- Information concerning your court appointed attorney can be obtained from the Circuit Court Administrator's Office at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd. Pontiac, MI 48341. Telephone is 248-452-9396. The office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- If you hire an attorney, you will still be REQUIRED to REPAY any county money spent on your behalf. To AVOID these costs, have your hired attorney call 248-452-9396.
- For payment information call the Oakland County Reimbursement Division at 248-858-0506. The office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
At your arraignment, you should let the
magistrate know that you want a court appointed attorney. If you have been
previously arraigned, or have a pending court date and you need a court
appointed attorney, you will need to come into the court to fill out the
paperwork as soon as possible. It will be sent back to the judge assigned to
your case to be approved. If the judge approves the appointment, your attorney
will be here for your court date. Please note, your court appointed attorney
will not contact you prior to your court date. You will meet with them for the
first time on your court date. You may not have the same court appointed
attorney for each of your court appearances. Payment will go directly through
the District Court. Request for Appointed Attorney and Order for Repayment - MC222
Cost to Defendant for Misdemeanor Court Appointed Attorney
First Appearance for Attorney: $200.00
More than 1 Appearance: $300.00
Jury Trial: $500.00