Defaulted Tickets

If your ticket is defaulted the following options are:

(1) Pay the ticket in full

  • The total amount due is indicated on your default notice. It must be paid by the due date on the notice or your license could be suspended. See Methods of Payment for more information.
(2) Request to have the default set aside
  • You must fill out the Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment and Order - CIA04 form. You must have good cause for wanting the default to be set aside. Be sure this explanation is on the form.
  • You must post bond in the amount due on the default notice. The bond must be posted in the form of cash or cashier's/certified check. Cash must be posted in person. No personal checks or money orders will be accepted.
  • Bond and form must be received by the due date on default notice.
Once we receive your request the Magistrate will review your explanation and his/her decision will be mailed to you. If granted, you will be set for an Informal Hearing before the Magistrate. You will receive a notice to appear within approximately two (2) weeks. If denied, your bond will be transferred over to pay the fine and costs.