Felony Court Appointed Attorney
Misdemeanor Court Appointed Attorney
- You will fill out the court appointed attorney form at your arraignment. The district court sends a copy of the form to Circuit Court for them to appoint an attorney.
- The court appointed attorney is not required to contact you before the first court appearance.
- Information concerning your court appointed attorney can be obtained from the Circuit Court Administrator's Office at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Pontiac, MI 48341. The telephone number is 248-452-9396. The office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- If you hire an attorney, you will still be
required to repay any county money spent on your behalf. To avoid these costs, have your hired attorney call 248-452-9396.
- For payment information call the Oakland County Reimbursement Division at 248-858-0506. The office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
At your arraignment, you should let the magistrate know that you want a court appointed attorney. If you have been previously arraigned, or have a pending court date and you need a court appointed attorney, you will need to come into the court to fill out the paperwork as soon as possible. It will be sent back to the judge assigned to your case to be reviewed for approval/denial. If the judge approves the appointment, your attorney will be here for your court date. Please note, your court appointed attorney will not contact you prior to your court date. You will meet with them for the first time on your court date. You may not have the same court appointed attorney for each of your court appearances. Payment will be made directly to the District Court. Request for Appointed Attorney and Order for Repayment (MC222).
Cost to Defendant for Misdemeanor Court Appointed Attorney
$100: Each Time the Attorney Appears
Public Defender Schedule for all Judges: