Felony Court Appointed Attorney
Misdemeanor Court Public Defender
- You will fill out the court appointed attorney form at your arraignment. The district court sends a copy of the form to Circuit Court for them to appoint an attorney.
- The court appointed attorney is not required to contact you before the first court appearance.
- Information concerning your court appointed attorney can be obtained from the Circuit Court Administrator's Office at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd. Pontiac, MI 48341. Telephone is 248-452-9396 The office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- If you hire an attorney, you will still be required to repay any county money spent on your behalf. To avoid these costs, have your hired attorney call 248-452-9396.
- For payment information call the Oakland County Reimbursement Division at 248-858-0506. The office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Payment will be made directly to the District Court. The public defender will not contact you prior to your court date. You will meet for the first time on your court date. You may not have the same public defender for each of your court appearances. Request for Appointed Attorney and Order for Repayment