Felony Appointed Attorney
Misdemeanor Public Defender
- You will fill out an appointed attorney request form at your arraignment and you should be as detailed as possible. The district court will review the request form to determine if you are indigent. If you are determined to be indigent, the district court will send the form to the Oakland County Indigent Defense Services Office (IDSO) for appointment of an attorney.
- You should expect your appointed attorney to contact you prior to your next court date. This is why it is extremely important for you to include accurate contact information on your attorney request form.
- Information regarding your appointed attorney can be obtained from the IDSO by emailing email@example.com. Your email will be answered during normal business hours, which are 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- If you hire an attorney, you will still be required to repay any county money spent on your behalf. To avoid these costs, have your hired attorney call 248-452-9396.
- For payment information call the Oakland County Reimbursement Division at 248-858-0506. The office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Payment will be made directly to the District Court. The public defender will not contact you prior to your court date. You will meet for the first time on your court date. You may not have the same public defender for each of your court appearances. Request for Appointed Attorney and Order for Repayment