Landlord Tenant

​Proceedings to recover possession of premises and/or obtain a money judgment.

The action must be filed at the District Court where the premises are located.

If there is a claim for a money judgment on a landlord tenant case the District Court has jurisdiction up to $25,000.00. If a claim for money exceeds the court's jurisdiction, the District Court determines the possession issue and the Circuit Court determines the money portion. Partnerships may not be represented in court by officers, directors, or other employees who are not licensed to practice law in Michigan.

 Forms & Fees