Marriage ceremonies are only performed for residents that are within the 48th District Court's jurisdiction, which are the following communities:
All Weddings are scheduled by calling (248) 686-5147.
- Bloomfield Hills
- Bloomfield Township
- Keego Harbor
- Orchard Lake
- Sylvan Lake
- West Bloomfield
When calling to schedule a wedding, you will be required to provide the following information:
- Full legal name of bride and groom
- Desired wedding date (prior to marriage license expiration)
- Day time telephone number of either bride or groom
- Proof of Residency (bride or groom must live within jurisdiction)
On Wedding Day
The bride and groom must arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled ceremony and bring the following:
- Marriage License (3 copies) and mailing envelope obtained from Oakland County Clerk's Office
- Two witnesses
- $10 marriage fee
- Driver's license or passport for the bride, groom and both witnesses
- Proof of Residency within 48th District Court jurisdiction
- Facemasks may need to be worn in some areas of the courthouse.
- There may be a courtroom capacity limit. Please inquire for more information.