Landlord / Tenant Disputes

If there is a claim for a money judgment on a landlord tenant case the District Court has jurisdiction up to $25,000.00. If a claim for money exceeds the court's jurisdiction, the District Court determines the possession issue and the Circuit Court determines the money portion. Partnerships may not be represented in court by officers, directors, or other employees who are not licensed to practice law in Michigan.

The action must be filed at the District Court where the premises are located.

 Forms & Fees

*$20 Fee required on all motions, 2nd summons, alternate service.