Criminal Division Frequently Asked Questions
Oakland County, MichiganCourts52nd District Court Division 2Criminal Division Frequently Asked Questions

Criminal Division Frequently Asked Questions


$Expand=File&$orderby=Order asc
What are the Court hours?,

8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Walk in arraignment service is available from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.​

If I received a misdemeanor ticket what do I do?,

If the ticket is not listed as a payable offense, contact the court.​

When and how are arraignments conducted?,

Arraignments are conducted on a walk-in basis between the hours 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.​

How do I change a court date?,

You will have to call the Criminal Division for this answer.​


What happens when I miss a court date?,

If you have a misdemeanor offense the judge will issue a warrant for your arrest. The amount of bond will be determined by the judge. To have this warrant lifted you will have to come into the court to be arraigned. You need to be prepared to post a cash bond, otherwise, you will be taken into custody.​

My son, daughter, boyfriend, husband, wife, etc has been taken into custody. How can I find out when he/she will be arraigned (informed of charges) at the court?,

The arresting agency is responsible for bringing defendants to the court to be arraigned. The court has no prior knowledge of when a defendant will be transported for arraignment. If you would like to be present for the arraignment, you are free to wait in the lobby until the defendant is brought to the court. If you have further questions, please contact the arresting police department.​

When can I get my bond back?,

Bond is not returned until after sentencing, dismissal of charges, or probation violation hearing is held.​

I received an order for fingerprints, what do I do?,

As long as you have already been fingerprinted for the current incident, you may disregard this order. The exception to this would be if you are contacted by an officer to return to be re-printed.

If you have not yet been fingerprinted, follow the instructions on the order.

I missed my PSI or Substance Abuse Evaluation. What do I do now?,

Call the Probation Department at 248-625-4880 X254 to reschedule your PSI or Substance Abuse Evaluation.​

How do I get a court appointed attorney and how much will one cost me?,

Visit our Court Appointed Attorney page.​

How much money should I bring to my court date?,

Pursuant to Michigan Court Rule 1.110, all payments of fines, costs, restitution and cost recovery are due at time of sentencing. Fines and costs can be paid by check, money order or credit card. Restitution must be paid in cash.