52-1 Criminal Division Frequently Asked Questions
Oakland County, MichiganCourts52nd District Court Division 152-1 Criminal Division Frequently Asked Questions

52-1 Criminal Division Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Court's hours?

We are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visit our Holiday Schedule to find out what holidays the Court is closed.


If I received a misdemeanor ticket what do I do?

If you received a non-alcohol or drug related offense, you need to come in to the court to be arraigned.

If you received an alcohol or drug related offense, you will be notified of your arraignment/pre trial date by mail within 6 to 8 weeks. If the address on your ticket is incorrect you will need to call the criminal division to give us your correct address.


When and how are arraignments conducted?

Arraignments are conducted on a walk-in basis between the hours 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.


What happens when I miss a court date?

If you fail to appear in court on a misdemeanor or felony charge, the Judge may issue a bench warrant for your arrest. If a warrant is issued, you must immediately come to the court to be arraigned.

If you fail to appear on a Civil Infraction charge, a default judgment will be entered.


My son, daughter, boyfriend, husband, wife, etc. has been taken into custody. How can I find out when he/she will be arraigned (informed of charges) at the court?

The arresting agency is responsible for bringing defendants to the court to be arraigned. The court has no prior knowledge of when a defendant will be brought over. If you would like to be present for the arraignment you are free to wait in the hallway until the defendant is brought in. If you have further questions, please contact the arresting police department.


When can I get my bond back?

When there is a final disposition on your case and all fines, fees and costs are satisfied.


I received an order for fingerprints. What do I do?

As long as you have already been fingerprinted for the current incident, you may disregard this order. The exception to this would be if you are contacted by an officer to return to be re-printed.

If you have not yet been fingerprinted, follow the instructions on the order.


I missed my PSI or Substance Abuse Evaluation. What do I do now?

You are still required to appear in court on your sentencing date.  At that time, the Judge will address the situation.


How much money should I bring to my court date?

All fees and fines are assessed and due at time of sentencing. Fines and costs can be paid by cash, check, money order or credit card. Please be advised that restitution must be paid in cash.