Pursuant to Michigan Court Rule 1.110, all payments of fines, costs, restitution and cost recovery are due at time of sentencing.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT NOTICE:
It is the defendant’s responsibility to confirm the correct amount due prior to payment by calling the Court at (248) 647-1141.
- Traffic Division: ext. 150
- Civil Division: ext. 147
If a violation is not paid within 14 days or if you appeared in Court and the violation and or fine was altered, it is the defendant’s responsibility to pay the correct amount due regardless of the amount shown on the ticket or the payment website.
If the correct amount due is not received by the due date, additional costs will be added to the fines and fees.
Please retain proof of payment while driving for at least 90 days.
Payment must be made in U.S. funds:
- Cash - ATM available at entrance.
- Check payable to: 48th District Court
- Credit/Debit Card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and electronic
Credit/Debit Card Options:
- Have your case or ticket number before selecting a payment option.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Electronic transactions include an enhanced access fee based on the total transaction with a $2.50 minimum.
- Payments made on weekends, holidays or after 4:00 p.m. are posted to the next business day.
Payment Option 1: Ticket Fines
on or before due date.
Payment Option 2: Court Fees
or past due ticket that cannot be paid with Option 1.
Payments of Restitution or Cost Recovery:
Payment for restitution or cost recovery must be in cash or a cashier's check. Personal checks or money orders will not be accepted.
Payment of Bond:
Payment of bond may be with cash, certified funds, credit or debit card only. If you are posting a 10% bond, only 90% of the amount posted may be used towards fines and costs or returned. The Court retains 10% of the amount posted pursuant to Michigan Court Rule 6.106 (I)(1). Transaction Enhancement Access Fees are non-refundable.
Payment of Filing Fees:
Filing fees may be paid by credit/debit card after a case number has been assigned to a pleading. Contact the 48th District Court Civil Department at 248-647-1141.