Pursuant to Michigan Court Rule 1.110, all payments of fines, costs, restitution and cost recovery are due at time of sentencing.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT NOTICE: If you have not paid your violation within 14 days or if you came to Court and your violation and or fine was altered, it is the defendant’s responsibility to pay the correct amount due regardless of the amount shown on the ticket or the amount shown on the payment website. Please confirm the correct amount due prior to payment by calling the Court at 248-647-1141.
Please retain proof of payment while driving for at least 90 days.
- Traffic Department: ext. 150
- Civil Department: ext. 147
Payment of fines and costs must be made in U.S. funds:
- Cash - ATM available at entrance. Convenience fee per transaction.
- Check or Money Order payable to 48th District Court
- Credit/Debit Card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and electronic
Credit/Debit Card Options:
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All electronic transactions will include an enhanced access fee based on the total transaction with a $2.50 minimum.
- Payments made on weekends, holidays or after 4:00 p.m. are posted to the next business day.
Please have your case or ticket number ready before selecting your payment option below:
Telephone Operator-Assisted Payment: 1-888-604-7888. There is a fee of $12.50 for using this service.
You will need the following information:
(1) Pay Location Code: 2653
(2) Ticket/Case Number
(3) Total Amount Due
Payments of Restitution or Cost Recovery:
Payment for restitution or cost recovery must be made in cash or cashier's check. Personal checks or money orders will not be accepted.
Payment of Bond:
Payment of bond must be in cash or cashier's check at the courthouse or credit/debit card payment. If you are posting a 10% bond, unless the case is unconditionally discharged, only 90 percent of the amount you post can be used towards fines and costs or returned to you. The Court retains 10% of the amount posted pursuant to Michigan Court Rule 6.106 (I)(1). Transaction Enhancement Access Fees are not refundable.
Payment of Filing Fees:
Filing fees may be paid by credit/debit card after a case number has been assigned to a pleading. Contact the 48th District Court Civil Department at 248-647-1141.