Read both sides of the citation carefully and follow the instructions.
To admit responsibility:
- Sign the back of the citation.
- Determine the amount due by contacting the Traffic Division at 248-647-1141 ext.150.
- Fine schedules are subject to change without notice, therefore, the amount on the ticket may be different.
- If the citation notes an accident, an additional $45 accident fee will be added the fines and costs.
- Click for Methods of
- Retain proof of payment while driving for a minimun of 90 days.
Admit responsibility with an explanation:
Deny responsibility and request a hearing:
- Contact the Court within 14 days to schedule a hearing.
- If you do not contact the Court within 14 days, the violation will be due within 14 days.
- The fine schedule applies to payments made prior to court appearance and may change.
- If violation is not paid within 14 days, a $45 late fee will be added.
Court Mandatory (CM):
- Appear in court on the date and time indicated on the ticket.
Failure to Respond:
- May result in a Suspension of driving privileges, additional $45 fine and a bench warrant with additional costs.
Payments made on weekends, holidays or after 4:00 p.m. are posted on
the next business day.