- Contact the Civil Division prior to filing to obtain a Motion date.
- File the proper Motion and Brief with an extra copy of the Motion and Brief marked "Judge's Copy" for all judges.
- File a Notice of Hearing. The Notice must include the hearing day, date and time of the hearing obtained from the Court.
- If a Motion for Summary Disposition is being filed and a Bench/Jury Trial has been set, the Notice of Hearing must state that the Bench/Jury (day, date and time) is adjourned until the Motion for Summary Disposition has been decided.
- File a proof of service.
- Prepare an Order for the Judge to sign if the Motion is granted.
If you have any questions, contact the Civil Division at 248-647-1141 ext. 147.
Effective October 1, 2003, a $20 motion fee is required on all Motions. If paying by check or money order, make check or money order payable in U.S. funds to 48th District Court