Steps to beginning a General Civil Suit:
- Be sure that your claim is against the proper party (legal name) & know the party's correct address.
- Be sure that you are starting your case in the correct District Court (venue).
- Prepare a carbon pack "summons and complaint" - 2 part form MC01 3/06 and MC01a 3/85 or 4 copies of each form - forms can be obtained at any District Court or from our General Civil Forms Section.
- Pay a filing fee (the filing fee can be paid by check, money order, cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Decide how you would like the defendant served (appointed court officer, attorney for a party, legally competent adult who is not a party or an officer of a corporate party or by certified mail).